Spring is here! And with that comes new nail polish trends like this one!
I am just loving the multi-colored nails… especially using cream based pastels, like what I chose for this tutorial.
I used these 5 colors for this look:
One “rule” of thumb that I like to follow for this is to alternate the colors in a reversed order on each hand.
Why? Well, it helps to keep the look youthful, fresh, and not so “perfect” if you know what I mean…
What I used for my How to do Multi Colored Nails video tutorial:
- Paint your middle fingers ( on both the L/R hands) with one bold, warm tone. I used Revlon Fearless - a cherry red, and unfortunately the photo doesn’t do this gorgeous color justice…
- Next, chose another warm color to paint your ring finger on your left hand, and your index finger of your right hand. I used Sinful Colors UNICORN - I wanted a creamy soft lemon yellow but I will tell you right now that this formula is not very good. It took me 3 coats (probably from the video you can tell, lol!)
- Now go for a cool tone, like a blue, green or purple to the reverse on your other hands (ring and index). I used Wet ‘n Wild Megalast – I Need a Refresh-Mint - this is a really pretty Robin’s egg blue.
- Now choose a soft, warm color to paint your baby finger on your left hand, and on your thumb of your right hand. I used Sinful Colors HAZARD – this is a beautiful coral orange color, perfect for spring and summer!
- Last, choose a brighter color, like a pink or even a purple would look so pretty, and paint on the reverse to your other baby and thumb nails. I used Wet ‘n Wild Megalast – Candy-licious.
And that’s about it! Of course you can do other color combos of what ever you like! I have always been a fan of painting just the ring finger a different color, or adding a glitter top coat, basically doing something different.
Just have fun, and let me know what you think by commenting below… and if you think you might be inspired to try something like this too!
- Sinful Colors in HAZARD & UNICORN:
- Wet ‘n Wild Megalast in I Need a Refresh-Mint & Candy-licious:
~ Follow me on Facebook ~
~ GlossAndGlitz on Instagram ~
~ Follow me on Hellocotton ~
Spring 2012 Nail Polish – My current FAVORITES!
~ A Helpful Resource ~
~ Monday Beauties Blog Hop ~
~ Blast from the Past ~