Matching nail polish with rose gold jewelry is a must for those nail polish addicts like moi who are loving this spring 2012 jewelry trend. Did you know that rose gold is actually a blend of gold and copper? There’s your little fact-of-the-day… LOL!
Click Here to see rose gold and my mint mani:)
So… I was in NYC a couple of weeks ago for the very first time (amazing doesn’t even do it justice but like you don’t already know that!!) and ended up getting the new Michael Kors Baguette-Bezel rose gold watch that I’ve been obsessing over for months (actually my amazing hubby surprised me… awww;)
I’m so excited as I’ve been wearing the same watch for like 6 yrs so yes, it was due time!!! But I could have saved lot if I got it on Amazon.com but I literally could not wait!!
And, naturally I wanted to make sure I found a matching nail polish that would look nice with my new rose gold. The picture above was taken on Instagram, which I finally joined!
I knew I wanted something that was a blend of a metallic/rose/beige/nude… if that makes any sense!!! AND one glitter polish for sure. I actually had the intention of getting the new Essie A Cut Above – the pink shattered diamond glitzy glitter – but Target was sold out. So… I ended up pairing up these two:
- Essie Buy Me a Cameo - a frosted mocha, metallic that goes on REALLY nicely (1 coat even gets you by which was shocking)
- Milani Disco Lights – a pink rose glitter polish (like most glitters: you def need 2-3 coats)
I think this Essie Buy Me a Cameo swatch and the Milani Disco Lights swatch is pretty close to what it looks like to the naked eye in terms of color but the Essie is even more beautiful than my photo shows. As you can see in my notd, I went for glitter on the middle and ring fingers only – just for the fun of it, and I didn’t want TOO too glittery a look since it’s the watch that should really sparkle, haha!
Before I go, a couple quick questions…
- What do you think of this combo?
- Have any other favorites for matching nail polish with rose gold jewelry?
- Do you own Essie A Cute Above, and if so do you like the formula?
~ Follow me on Facebook ~
~ GlossAndGlitz on Instagram ~
Spring 2012 Nail Polish – My current FAVORITES!
~ Top Comments ~
- Niora Naturals on How to Get Clear Skin During Pregnancy: Acne Treatments that are Safe for Baby
- Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac Nail Polish - Gloss & Glitz on Polish
- glossandglitz on Caudalie Premier Cru Review – My First Impressions
- Naked Basics Palette From Urban Decay | MWHE.com on NAKED Basics Palette Review & Demo
~ Blast from the Past ~