In today’s post I am actually going to touch on the fashion subject trend of color blocking… but still sticking to my main area of interest: beauty (nails). So as you can see, I did these orange and pink color block inspired nails!
What do you think?
Surprisingly this color combo is growing on me, and I personally think that when the right 2 shades are used together I think it looks super fun and trendy for this spring/summer 2012. Make sure to read to the end to see what polish I used for this look!
So… I’d say it’s pretty evident that the orange and pink color block trend has gone from being a huge hit in fashion, and more recently has transcended into the world of beauty and of course, nail polish!
Of all the gorgeous new colors that we are seeing this spring 2012 (i.e. the minty greens, pastels, floral patterns) two of the biggest colors this spring and summer season seem to be orange, and shades of it… think tangerines and soft corals, AND… of course pinks!! And bright ones at that!
Scroll below for some fun photos that have inspired me to do these orange and pink color block inspired nails. And before I say goodbye, I’d love to know:
- What are your thoughts on this combo?
- Would you wear this trend?
- Do you prefer other colors? My multi-colored mani was a hit (see here)
Thanks for reading!
As promised, here are the polish colors I used to create my orange and pink color block inspired nails:
Sinful Colors HAZARD & Wet n Wild Megalast in Candy-Licious:
~ Follow me on Facebook ~
~ GlossAndGlitz on Instagram ~
Spring 2012 Nail Polish – My current FAVORITES!
~ Top Comments ~
- ElleSees.blogspot.com on February Favorites!
- Niora Naturals on How to Get Clear Skin During Pregnancy: Acne Treatments that are Safe for Baby
- Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac Nail Polish - Gloss & Glitz on Polish
- glossandglitz on Caudalie Premier Cru Review – My First Impressions
~ Blast from the Past ~