Ok, so I think most of us can agree that Urban Decay knows how to deliver ah-mazing products and tempt all of us makeup junkies out there to the point that we just can’t say NO! I’m thinking of the NAKED palette and now NAKED 2…!
But when it comes to the battle of makeup LONGEVITY and shine CONTROL, does UD still dominate? Well that’s what I’ll cover in this Urban Decay De Slick setting spray by Skindinavia review:
For me, I have combination skin, and am always on the lookout for products that will help control the shine in my “t-zone”. If you’ve followed my blog or YouTube channel, you’ll know by now that I love oil absorbing pads. I am MUCH more happy to take OFF the oil than to pack on more powder… No thank you!
But what about an option of a product that will do this job for me?
And, my friends, this is what the Urban Decay De Slick oil control makeup setting spray promises to do – and “do” for a grand 16 hours might I add. (Honestly, I’m not sure if anything can last on my face for that long, nor am I willing to try, lol! If you have the answer to this please do let me know!)
But you know what?
For the times that I have used this, and what I have personally experienced with De Slick, I have to say that I’m VERY impressed! And thank goodness because I bought the 4oz bottle and that will no doubt last me a while:)
How to Get the Best Results:
- OK, so first you need to give it a good shake
- You can mist it on to your skin after your primer (before a foundation) AND again after everything is complete. (I have done this, and I have also applied it ONLY once, after my makeup is complete)
- Holding 8-10 inches away, you mist over the face 2-4 pumps (3 is enough for me)
- allow it to dry and set before you touch your face
NOTE: Usually my makeup routine includes a mattifying moisturizer and primer, along with a translucent powder to set my face at the end. So combining this into my regime has been a really good addition and I really do find that it makes a big difference still!!
- absorb excess oils
- control shine for a LONG time
- feels quite light and leaves zero residue like some face misters can
- produces a real MATTE finish on your face
- smells nice and fresh
- hypoallergenic, oil-free, sulfate and paraben free – YAY! ;)
- on the pricier side ($29)
- won’t necessarily hold ALL your makeup into place… in other words, for your eye makeup use a primer too!
- I will still use blotting papers to control some shine on a hot day, so can’t completely cut them out
- feels kinda funny to spray your face wet after you’re done your makeup (but it does dry fast)
So trust me, if you’re always looking for something to help control shine then I’d say give this a try. Of course this is available at UrbanDecay.com and I bought mine at Sephora.
- Do you own Urban Decay De Slick spray (or even the tube)?
- Are you on the hunt to add an oil control product to your makeup routine?
- What are your thoughts?
Thanks for reading!
~ Follow me on Facebook ~
~ GlossAndGlitz on Instagram ~
~ Follow me on Hellocotton ~
Spring 2012 Nail Polish – My current FAVORITES!
~ A Helpful Resource ~
~ Monday Beauties Blog Hop ~
~ Blast from the Past ~